Posted on

Using Sense and Sensibility Sewing Patterns: Part Three

So, I’ve finished the Girls Romantic Era Dress and the pantaloons, just have to cut out and sew the pinafore and will put up the final pics when I get a better background for my photos.

Added the fancy effect thingy to disguise the window blinds, didn’t really work  🙂

I measured my daughter before I sewed the dress, her sizing was somewhere between a size 8 and 10,  I went with the size 8 but should really have cut a size 10 out.  The dress is slightly too tight around the chest area.  Technically it is a perfect fit, but there is not very much room to move.  If the dress was made in a fabric any heavier than the muslin I used, she would probably not be able to move very much, as it is, it is perfect for playing and floating around in.  But does show the importance of making a mock up dress before you cut the real thing out.

I chose the flared sleeve option.

2 thoughts on “Using Sense and Sensibility Sewing Patterns: Part Three

  1. i just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. i have added to my favourites. thank you.

Leave a Reply